Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Worries over teaching...

Everyone is beginning their student teaching and I am not. I'm taking the extra semester and I'm freaking out already. Social studies jobs are hard to come by and I'm making sure to add lots to my resume and extra licenses later on. However, this semester, I have to see how I can figure out how to teach. I can do it. I'm not particularly good, but I'm so much fun! :) Hah. Really, I think I'll be good cause I try so gosh-darn hard and I think this will be tougher than my thesis (maybe). Maybe if I just freak out now, it will be like my thesis. I definitely killed my thesis, chopped it into pieces, and did good. With teaching, I'm going to do more because this is my occupation here. I want to be a star, work the hardest (I didn't even get the award for that on my thesis - I could have had I had to work on my writing more but thank goodness I didn't), and be a fantastic teacher.

I'll just have to start the semester off strong. Gee, why does the spring last much longer than the fall? I hope it flies by, becomes summer and fall, and then I'll be back here sitting, taking my CBEST, getting the house together, and then student teaching in the fall. I'm giving myself a semester (next spring) where I will work as a sub (unless I get a job right away) before I go out there completely. Hey, $46K a year is pretty darn good especially when I won't be paying very much to live!

In the short term, it's all about school, tutoring, and working out. Otherwise, I won't make it! I'm putting extra time into teaching stuff. I need to get it down especially if I plan to look young and teach kids in LA (if needed). I'm going to be more excited when I start my observations. I wonder if I can bring a video/tape recorder??? Hahaha.

Oh yeah, TODAY. Hah, almost forgot. I was going to run, but yeah, didn't. Instead, I went to Peter's. We went to downtown HB where we kind of shopped. Nothing was purchased. We then went onto get him some food, visit Kim at the bank since Peter wanted Hawaiian food, and then ice cream and South Coast Plaza. We walked around A LOT. I made him take me to Island's where I had half a burger and was stuffed. I am still stuffed kind of, especially since I sat there for many hours watching "CSI: Miami." It was good and I fell asleep for a few hours.

Wednesday, I'm visiting Van from 11-4, then she has class, and then 6-whenever. YAY! I love Van! I have to visit Albert sometime also. Oh yes, I chatted with Van today and told her about pictures I found. I showed them to mom and Peter and Albert and Greg. Except for my mom (and Albert), the others were bitches. :/ I think I showed Yance too and he wasn't too mean, but he was more or less worried about his phone. Boo.

Friday, I'm going to meet Chuck Liddell with Jan (Yawn) and Peter possibly. Then we may go out after with Peter and Albert. Aw, I wish I could see Van like everyday. Maybe not when I'm back here year-round, but definitely now.

So what am I doing tomorrow? No idea. Thursday? No clue. Need to make plans I guess... maybe I should've gone to Palm Springs! Awww.

I think I'm going to go the screw TV route and get Netflix...

0 comments: