Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back to the grind...

Coming back always feels weird. Lonely? Not sure. When I go back, it feels less weird than when I come back.

Yesterday, I ate with Kim and Peter after waiting a long time. We ate some banh beo, which I forgot wasn't the same thing as banh cuoc. Okay, without all that Vietnamese, it wasn't great and then they both went to work.

Van called right after. Every time I think it's the last time I'll see her, I'll see here again. We went shopping at South Coast and Metro Pointe. I found two pairs of shoes: DC flats and some fancier flats.

I went home, ate some egg rolls, and went off to meet Chuck Liddell! It wasn't a bad wait since I went early to get my wristband. After, I met up with Peter and he ate some Arby's. Waiting for Albert, I watched "Transporter 3," but mostly fell asleep until Albert woke me up to go. We headed to Irvine and this cute little center to take Sticki Pickis. Albert and Jessica hadn't eaten all day so they ate.


(I'll share one each post.)

Shower, In N Out, and CSI later, I slept for 2 hours before I got on the plane and back to Asheville. The flight from LAX to Charlotte was only 4 hours! It was even earlier than the 4 hours and 19 minutes it estimated. I can't believe my luck especially since I slept my way through the flight. Of course the plane ride from Charlotte to Asheville was on time, which was longer than it should've taken. An hour to fly here when it takes only 2 hours to drive the same distance? No way. Mostly, we waited to fly off.

Liz picked me up, brought me home, and then I went to eat meatloaf, green beans, and scalloped potatoes at her boyfriend's family's house. Yancey and I headed to Walmart afterwards to do some grocery shopping. We watched two movies and I fell asleep towards the end of the first one.

Now I'm chatting with Charter online and going to bed soon. Charter is really slow on their typing. I might watch some more CSI or read the end of my Bill Bryson book or pick up one of the others I have stashed here.

Tomorrow is some favorite youtube video get together. I don't have favorite youtube videos nor am I particularly interested. Movies, I can do. Tomorrow is also a midday birthday party. I'm not sure I'm up for anything but lots of cleaning. Cleaning my room, the house, the car... Tidying up is a better word since there's no real washing to do except in the car.

0 comments: