Sunday, January 18, 2009

No more chocolate and blue

I went to one of my first non-family weddings. The colors: chocolate and blue. Classy, but I'm ready for some fun. What about pink and green? Oh no, they've become "preppy."

One of my friends, who just got engaged!, chose a purple but not lavender. Instead, she chose a dark purple, which I absolutely adore! I've never been a fan of pastels, mostly because I consider them somewhat safe and bland.

Since it's wedding bonanza around here, I'm frequenting The Knot and found their list of hot wedding color combos!

Aqua & charteruse

Blush & mauve

Garnet & tangerine

Lavendar, cream, & chocolate

Fuschia & navy

Lemon & celadon


Hm, I'm sensing colors closer to each other on the color spectrum rather than complementary colors! I'm not sure which is my favorite or if I absolutely love any of them. But I love the freshness of the colors!

0 comments: