Thursday, January 22, 2009

Twenty-Something (or less)

I got tiramisu at Old Europe at 10pm and watched "Sex and the City" with Jessica until just now. 6 episodes and I still have the rest of it to go. Class at 4pm tomorrow.

Classes were okay. I keep waking up around 11am, slowly getting dressed, and make it to school where I sit for a couple of hours before class. Today, I just went to school, watched "Dead Like Me" on Netflix, and read for my education class. I'm still not done. I hate reading about teaching sometimes. I have no input because we've read and learned about all this before. Furthermore, I feel like I have little to say in my "Race and Ethnic Relations" class. Or maybe I have lots to say, but I know I'll contradict myself. The topic is so hard. :/

I met someone awesome months and months ago and somehow they're still on my mind. Normally, I would be over and out but because I never see the person - we communicate other ways - I'm kind of, sort of still enamored. Mostly, I think I'm enamored by the idea. Also, I'm high off "Sex and the City" and love love love/boys boys boys.

Anyhow, I need to get back on track for tutoring and observations (no placement yet). Last class of the week tomorrow! Lots of movies and TV shows to watch and I'm trying to find books to read, but I'm not motivated. I read a whole book last weekend and I'm thumbing slowly through Barack Obama's biography, but I'm just not satisfied with my book selections. I really want to read Knit Two!

Have I mentioned that the last couple of weeks, my already terrible skin became completely dry? I would remedy this by putting on St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer and it hurt? I braved through the pain and after applying it several times a day, especially post-shower when my skin just dried out, my face feels better! :)

My skin isn't amazing, but I've gotten much better with it and I fixed my dry skin right?! I decided to share what I do daily. (P.S. I just lotion my body in the morningtime. I hate the feel of sticky lotion, no matter how unsticky you say it is, after a shower.)

In the morning, I throw cold water on my face and rinse easily with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. I then apply Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer generously. My makeup really helps - Bare Escentuals appears to keep my face smooth all day. Eye makeup by whatever brand as long as it's brown. I choose brown because I have a tendency to wipe my eyes and this at least blends with my skin and eye makeup (golds to keep it natural). I use a stick not liquid eyeliner also. Slap on some ChapStick and I'm done.

I shower at night, rinse my hair with cheap Suave or V05 shampoo and conditioner (sometimes conditioner). I used to only shower at night, but lots of classes and work made me fall asleep when I got home at 9pm and wake up at 4am to shower. I also used to wash my hair everyday despite all these articles saying that I shouldn't. With the loss of my night showers and the practice on weekends, I beat washing my hair everyday to every other day. This is especially good in the winter. I still do most of my showering at night where I straighten my hair after I towel dry (and sometimes blow dry). I use Remington's Wet2Straight, but I have rather manageable, normal hair.

As for my skin in the shower, I use a Dove Beauty Bar in Cool Cucumber because my mom provided me with tons of them. It's good and easy though. I wash my face with something a little more potent in the shower - either Shiseido Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam or Philosophy's Purity. I've used Shiseido for a year and I'm moving onto Philosophy, but I still have some of the former left. Clearly, that's my splurge.
Okay, now for bed. :)

0 comments: