Thursday, January 15, 2009

Recap of day 1

My sociology class was as I expected: I knew no one. :( Almost everyone was a health and wellness major and why they needed "Race and Ethnic Relations" is somewhat of a stretch to me. My professor is Korean. I've never had a minority prof in college. Crazy right? He's pretty funny and I totally understand him much better than my Lebanese history prof. Wait, Lebanese is surely a minority... so scratch that about never having a minority prof. I'm excited about the class. When we introduced ourselves, I talked quite a bit. Oh yeah, there are two other Asian people in the class. That's a feat for UNCA.

Yoga wasn't what I expected. I wasn't late either, but everyone already had their mats and the room was darkened. My body can't do a lot of what was expected of it. :( She even had us try to go upside down against the wall. Uh, this stuff is too tough. Also, I found out there's power yoga. How will I even survive that when she said yesterday, which was tough for me, was relaxing?

On the other hand, aerobics was amazing. Great, fun music, stepping altogether and weight training. I was happy with the amount of work and we went for a full 50 minutes. I might ask her if I can go to her Thursday night ones also for the workout. :) It was so much fun and I spoke to 2 people. One of them was in my sociology class too.

After all that, I was super hungry. I saw Liz and Chelsea at the market where I bought some hamburger meat, lettuce, and bread. The process took me awhile, but I made a good burger using Yancey's leftover avocado. I love avocado! I also just had another one for lunch about 30 minutes ago.

Post-dinner, I cleaned up the house too. I was just so productive. Yance and I watched "Max Payne," which was as bad as everyone promised. I like Mark Wahlberg too. :(

Anyhow, before my 4:10pm class, I'm going to find myself a copy of Black Like Me and read it this weekend. I have a lovely 4-day weekend and nothing to do... Then, print out my syllabus/course outline for that 4:10pm class.

It's such a gorgeous day from the inside looking out, but I'm sure it's cold.

0 comments: