Monday, January 26, 2009

Dan and Urijah in one weekend!

I missed the Dan Lauzon fight last night. Yancey didn't tell me about this. Though I probably should've known. :( Watch it here! It might take a minute though. :/ He got kicked in the groin three times. Some people thought he was just being a baby, but though his opponent got 2 points taken off, the points became irrelevant when D-Lau submitted him. :)

Affliction is newer. They have signed some cool fighters. D-Lau was somewhat presented unfairly on the TapOut series so he now fights for Affliction.

I've never seen this video of D-Lau and his brother Joe. Love them!


Tonight was the rematch between Urijah Faber and Jens Pulver. Faber won easily. Though I think the guy who did the post-fight interview was a jackass for asking Pulver if he thought he was still "relevant" in the game. :/

The other awesome fight was between Jamie Varner and Don Cerrone. I thought Varner was hotter/Jake Shields. :/ Well, he wasn't yet I still wanted him to win. Though "The Cowboy" had a head of steel. He was hit so many times and had bubbles forming but never gave up. He was even more aggressive. Varner actually got kneed in the head and the fight was stopped at the beginning of the fifth round. The fans were upset with Varner and booed him for not continuing. We thought the fight was fantastic and they were both extremely tired. Varner wanted to continue fighting I'm sure. He cried and it was sad.

Interviews from the fights are up here.

My favorite WEC fighters:
1) Urijah "The California Kid" Faber

2) Carlos Condit despite his ever erect and pink nipples...

3) "Razor" Rob McCullough whom Peter met and changed his tires for!

And... I don't like him but he has the coolest name, Richard Crunkilton, Jr.

0 comments: