Monday, January 12, 2009

Childhood home

This is the house where I grew up...

It's for sale.

It looks the same on the outside.


We didn't have a plant outside or those papers on the wall to the right.


We didn't like large trees.


I hate when people remodel with this tile, but it was better than the original. We had mirrors all the way around! Scary. Unless this is the master bath, then it was just ceramic white.


Our living room had sliding doors, beige carpet (nicer) and it was clean because we never wore shoes and my dad vacuumed every 2 days.


Why would you rip out beige carpet for dark blue??? Blue and maroon are the worse! :( We also didn't have lacey curtains. I think this is the office.


We had a darker kitchen with a peninsula breakfast nook. They totally redid this. I loved our tile before. It was white, but not that shiny white. It was like stone. Oh, do you see that hole behind the microwave and down a little? That was once a window to the outside before the owners before us added a huge room using the backyard space.


I still hate the tile, but it was better than before. We had nicer, lighter counters though.


We had couches just as ugly I admit.


My mom tells me they used the original living room as a room. We used it as a den. This picture is the add-on/what was the backyard that was done before we even moved in.


We used to have mirrors against that wall. You can tell by the big entryway into the living room (left) that the entryway was really for a sliding glass door to the outside. This was knocked down to add the living room.


I think it looks a little ghetto, a little too "new" for me. It's on sale for $526,000. Cyberhomes gives you the selling price from 1994 when we bought it for $210,000 and sold it in 2005 for $685,000. We made quite a bit of money, but paid a lot back for my dad's business venture (failed ones).

On a positive note, the house we live in now rose in price to $209,000. Sometime in 2007, it was up to $263,500! At its lowest in 2008, it was 184,000. We bought it for $199,500. I don't mind if we don't make a profit as long as it sells. After seeing that, I'm kind of hopeful. :) Go to Zillow and MAKE ME MOVE for $230,000. I'd even go for $210,000 so check it out!

0 comments: