Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Achy breaky

1) Saturday was cool. That afternoon, Yancey and I wanted to eat a late lunch, which ended up being our dinner of course. We had no idea where to go but a few texts and calls and we got Liz, Emily, Alex, and Stephen to join us. Yancey got no calls back from his friends. Okay, he did, but they were all working. Psh. We ate at Early Girl Eatery. I was so hungry and so fulfilled by my Sweet Potato Black Bean cakes. Yeah, weird but absolutely yum. I also realized I hate biscuits and gravy, but I enjoy biscuits with jam. Their food was delish and the place was cute. It's on the best street in Asheville, Wall Street. If every road looked like that, we'd be living in England! Haha.


From the tiny storefront, you could never tell that their dining room was so large!

(via Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project)

Look at their glasses! So vintage-like.

(via their web site)

After dropping Liz and Em off, we did homework till late. I didn't realize it was so late. Jessica came over and Yance, Jessica, Emily, and I went out at 11pm. We headed to Hannah's because they haven't been there. Then to Thirsty Monk to meet Conor and his friends Liz and Bron (weird name, cool guy). I always get a little tipsy at Thirsty Monk. I love that place. This is recent since I only started liking beer in November.

2) Last night, Sunday, we watched the WEC fights. Faber won as I mentioned. Dan Lauzon won the night before and I finally got to watch it online. Because we don't have cable, we went over to Sarah's dorm with Yancey's TV (not the huge one but a fairly large 30" one) and Chinese food. It was like a quick party. Haha.

3) Yoga and aerobics kicked my butt today. My back hurt after. I feel good, but it hurts and I'll feel it tomorrow. The chick at Subway's hates her job for sure. I'm forcing myself to stay up because it's fun to do that, but I'm rather sleepy. Oh yeah, I went to Subway instead of somewhere else I was supposed to go because well, I'm annoyed by a certain someone and no one else wanted to come with. Actually, because I didn't want to go, my friends didn't go.

My unfinished lesson plan (due next Tuesday but I have a meeting with my prof this Wednesday) is already 6 pages with just the input. I don't even know if it's possible to get all that stuff done.

My teaching strategies are done. Tomorrow is going to suck. I'm waking up in less than 5 hours to go to a meeting from 8-9am then I plan on coming home for a nap till noon. I will make sure to cut my student teaching application and go over my six teaching strategies so I can teach them to my classmates. Crap, that's a lot. I'll need the nap. Maybe? No no, I won't take a nap. I'll just drown myself in ice coffee tomorrow.

Good idea: take laptop to school, do homework, go to class till 8:30pm, and get drinks with friends at TGI Fridays. I will then promptly go to bed when I come home. Ahhh, we'll see. I may really need the nap. I haven't slept for only 5 hours in FOREVER. Maybe I have when I sleep at 5am and wake up at 10am. Huh... quite true. Let's do it!

I love this web site/project and wish I loved someone more than _____.

Well, this is good response to that (above):
(via your message here)

0 comments: