Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I cried in front of 50 people. :/

Yes, I did. They just had to schedule the student teaching orientation on the same day as my last day of tutoring. As you know, I'm NOT student teaching where I've tutored for 3 years. Obviously, I was overwhelmed and when my friend asked about working, the coordinator said that we can work but in the end, we might have to decide on our priorities. Well, my priorities are still at my first school. I had such an amazing experience that I can't imagine this next one being better. No one is assuring. I don't even want them to be. I actually like the confirmations that the student teaching school is sub-par. :/ I want to know that my feelings are right.

My prof asked me if I wanted to share. Then, this guy was like, "Are you going to cry?" I said, yes. I don't know if I will particularly like my advising group because of him. :/ I tried not to cry obviously. The two teachers there thought I was overwhelmed by student teaching. I was not. My friend set them straight. Thank goodness for him. I AM NOT OVERWHELMED BECAUSE OF STUDENT TEACHING. I AM OVERWHELMED BECAUSE I CAN'T CONTROL MY LIFE.

Anyways, on a happier note and since I haven't posted in a few days... my mother is here. Well, that's not happy especially when I was 2 hours early to pick her up. I didn't check like I always would and took her word for it. She was supposed to arrive in Atlanta at 1:45 and here at 3:45. :( Then, she cleans but she loses ALL my stuff. It's really annoying. Really really really annoying. She lost my Netflix envelope so now I won't get a new movie for ages.

Okay, well, seriously, positive stuff. Well, it's not totally positive I guess but close enough. Monday and Tuesday were my last days with my kids. :( Yes, not happy. But I have to whip out the gorgeous pictures. They make me so happy. :)

From my facebook album titled, "THIS IS HOME. (Stop trying to "imprison" me somewhere else.)" A fellow tutor said that "imprison" is the correct word because I think "betrayal" means that I want to be anywhere else but here.

Instant favorite! What sucks the most is that I only had the chance to know some new students for a semester! :(

Another one of my favorites - easily. So easy to talk to.

I'm not a big fan of girls, but they make me love female students too!

3 years and lots of fun! :)

My group and other students who I love so very much. :)

Also 3 years...

Class picture!

The girl on the left makes the best baked goods (cake usually) and the girl on the right is adorable.

He used to talk much less. He talks a little more now.

Kid on the right - he's got so much potential and he is so cool.

I'm so lucky to have bonded with my students through summer bridge before they come to high school.

I will miss all his inappropriate comments.


Okay, this is honestly the most adorable group ever.

They are so funny together.

Are they my favorite seniors? Pretty much... except for one of them who is on the top left of the next picture.

I made them pillows thanks to the help of Alex and Liz.

They're funny, smart, and off to college soon!

Freshmen

I remember tutoring him for a semester in 7th grade. Now he's in 9th. He's gotten taller since last semester too.

Here is the above student playing JV baseball. He never invited me. Another student did but that student rarely gets to play. :(

0 comments: