Saturday, May 2, 2009

Freedom Friday!

I didn't sleep at all last night. I wrote a 10-pager for 6 pages. For the first time in high school and college, I turned work in late. Well, an hour late isn't a big deal is it? Especially since my prof was in Chicago till tonight. :) After turning my paper in, I napped for awhile. I didn't get much of it. I woke up and decided to get some dinner at Sunny Point with Yance and Kris. Well, I ate my sweet potato fries and had a slice of peanut butter and jelly cake rather than eating my chicken sandwich. I was nicely full after the fries, but I had my heart set on the peanut butter and jelly cake. So, my sandwich left uneaten because fries are more perishable. I never take home salads because I know it'll go bad.

Yancey asked to have people over tomorrow for his film project. The house is a mess. We need to clean badly especially since my mom is coming on Sunday. All of tomorrow will be spent cleaning. Sunday will be spent doing my sociology paper unless I can fit it in sometime tomorrow. Yance and I have been watching "Dexter" for the last three or four hours instead of doing work or cleaning or sleeping. Wow, we're lazy.

I had discussed some travels this summer. Maybe to Savannah, Georgia and Charleston, South Carolina or even Austin, Texas if I can make it over there. sfgirlbybay recently posted some pictures of her trip to Savannah and I'm stoked. As a history major, I love the historical architecture. Moss on trees, however, sounds creepy. The pictures also reminded me of the books I read by Rebecca Wells, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Little Altars Everywhere, and Ya-Yas in Bloom. The books are set in Louisianna. Sometimes I want to live further South till I realize the little life I dream of in the 1950s would have lots of limitations on minorities.

Instead, I fit better in a modern world, but I can still decorate with mid-century modern decor. MadeByGirl showcased this gorgeous home. A little too floral for me, but I still enjoy the home and many of the furnishings, like the table with flowers in the living room.

Oh, revelation as I was looking at the Rebecca Wells web site just now, I found that she has a new book, The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder.


0 comments: