Monday, April 13, 2009

Too much weekend?!

Okay, so I suppose I should post about my weekend.

Friday Jess came over, Cassie was over, and we went to Hooters for dinner. I had medium breaded wings. I love wings! Medium is NOTHING though. Our waitress was one of my former students' baby mama. Haha. We picked up Daniel and went to meet up with some friends over at Bier Garden. It was okay. We came back, got quick massages from our resident masseuse, and watched Dexter.

Oh yes, I spent like 4 hours during the day at all the craft stores, fabric stores, and general stores finding felt, buying paper, and decorating cards that aren't as cool as my moo cards.

(I hadn't seen my drinking pal in TWO weeks. He was in Downtown Waynesville??? Very rednecky.)

Saturday Liz, Alex, and I went over to Corner Kitchen for a late lunch. Their corn and crab chowder soup with a warm biscuit was delish. I was pretty full after that but we had our meals! Eastern style BBQ, which I learned is vinegar based, is better than Western/tomato-based. It smells different though.

Afterwards, we sewed. Well, Liz sewed while Alex and I cut out letters for the mass of 14 pillows. They look great. We bought felt glue and poly-fil (5 lb boxes for Liz and I) to fill up my pillows and this one huge me-sized body pillow she made. Yay for crafters.

Bonnie and Jess came over and we, with Yance, picked up Erin and headed to Jess's favorite spot, Asheville Brewing. Her crush works there so we spent about an hour and a half there. I kept annoying the guy when he walked by instead of our waitress cause who else was going to do it? I'm good, but let me say, I would've gotten in the car and run over some people had I been in Jess's shoes. Maybe I'm changed now that I haven't really liked anyone in forever.

Sunday Okay, so I woke up thinking of doing work. Well, I have done ONE of the things I wanted to do. I did quite a bit I suppose, but it didn't seem sufficient. In any case, Jess had done some of the dishes so our house doesn't smell anymore! Yay! I think the best gift to get me is surprising me by doing our dishes. I sewed up some pillows that I had finished stuffing, but I still have many more.

I decided I wanted a manicure. I rarely get them. I met up with Alex and failed because it was Easter so nothing was opened. :( We went to Hands On Spa. My nails look awesome now. They look healthy and bright pink. When she cut my cuticles, she ended up having a HUGE clump of dead skin on the scissors. It was cool like a Biore pore strip. Haha.

We waited 15 minutes for Alex's mildly attractive friend to find his underwear (don't ask) to come and get ice cream at The Hop with us. I did this instead of going to dinner with Liz and Em. Hey, you can't hate me for making this decision 'cause next week, I have plans to go to Hooters! As you can see, I LOVE going to Hooters on fight nights. Hooters on a non-fight night like Friday was dull. CAN'T WAIT!

0 comments: