Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday: books, shower, chocolate milk, and rugs

I have a problem finding good rugs, but here are a couple.

Baroque Shearling Area Rug in Mango or Merlot from $789-3675



They look so plush! Speaking of plush, I just took a super cold shower. I know that doesn't appear to be "plush," but the after shower was nice. I take warm/hot showers normally though cold showers are apparently better for my hair and I always feel good coming out of a cold shower.

I can relax now that it's Friday - well somewhat cause I still have a paper! I'm mostly excited because I bought a new book, I'm A Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson, from the used book store, Mr. K's and light chocolate Silk milk. :) Yes yes, I bought the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn last weekend and didn't read it. I even borrowed two books from the library. I'm reading Cliff May but not The Endless City. I want to read it all but I don't really have the time. I'm also supposed to read a book for yoga and write a 1-page summary (that should be easy but I have to do it).

I love Silk milk! To top off all that healthiness, I had a relatively healthy lunch at 12 Bones. It's only open from 11-4 P.M. Mondays-Fridays and the line is always out the door. I had a pulled pork sandwich with corn pudding (darn good!) and mac and cheese. Seriously, I consider that relatively healthy. Oh yeah, will someone buy me the book Skinny Bitch so I can eat healthier?

I had a meeting this morning at 9:30 A.M. for an hour with my advisor. I love him! He asked me what I want to do after I'm done with this whole program. I said the usual, I don't know. Where do I want to live? I don't know. I don't want too many choices! It's freaking me out! He said grad school sounded good but he wants me in the classroom. He's afraid I'll get sucked into a PhD and college teaching. I said, NEVER! My concern is that I'll teach and never go back to school or I'll have to go to night school, which limits my options. I'm young and my brain can still recall information; I think more school might be good. Any suggestions?

While you think, I'll sit down (in that yellow chair I picked up and love so much - best deal ever), read, and drink chocolate milk.

0 comments: