Saturday, April 25, 2009

My students are all I need right now

I forgot to mention today that when I got home, I got an invitation to the leadership award ceremony on Tuesday. Sadly, I cannot go because I have class. :(

I have so much to do and little motivation to do it. Instead, I went out for a bit tonight. Probably the worst idea ever. I think that the absolutely amazing Atlanta trip just made me more sad. I'm happy I got the chance to go, but I'm super depressed now. I don't mind graduating, but I don't want to student teach and not see my kids. Since the county and the city schools have different schedules, I'm going to be taking my day offs to see my kids and then go to their Friday night games. I know, I should go to games at my observation site, but you have no idea how much I love my students. That's all I talked about. I'm going to see them all next week. I'm even considering asking if I can stick around and help around in the classroom for the next month.

I can't imagine what my life will be like without tutoring every week. I will need to stay in touch with these students so that I know how they are/what they are doing. For example, I didn't even know one kid was moving. :( I want to send them birthday cards next semester... I'll need to remember to have them jot it down.

They made me so happy that everything over the next week will be crap in comparison. Most of all, I hate hate hate all this talk about boyfriends and girlfriends from all my peers. I am going to just wait for something to just fall in my lap. I am already given so much love and built 150+ relationships. I'm sick of people talking about their significant others and their problems. Then, urging me to get on the same boat. Geez. My kids make me feel good. I'm always welcome and adequate and I feel the same way towards them. This is why they are my favorite people.

0 comments: