Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reality TV and other forms of entertainment

Yelling in the A.M. does not make for a very cheery wake-up call. My family has quite a few issues and I'm not getting into them. I stay in the room to catch up on two episodes of "Real Chance of Love," which I was always thought was "Real Chance at Love." Oh well, I guess it doesn't even need to make grammatical sense. Rabbit was my favorite, but she's out. :( You can read Bourgy, a blog "where smart people dumb down!" :) They keep me up on all the reality TV drama.

I haven't watched "Bromance" or "The City" or any spin-off from "Laguna Beach." Actually, my reality TV sphere includes the spin-offs of "Flavor of Love" though I stopped watching the original after the second time around. I watched "I Love New York" twice and "I Love Money." Since it's the holiday, I caught up on "Real Chance of Love," but my other fave isn't a VH1 show, it's a SpikeTV show called "The Ultimate Fighter." :) Yup. We haven't had cable at the Asheville house so I've indulged here whenever possible. I've missed out though.

What else do I watch on TV? "CSI," "I Love Lucy," etc. I haven't even started "Gossip Girls" nor did I watch "Sex and the City." My cousins were watching "Prison Break" when I visited and it wasn't shabby. I just never have the discipline to watch shows especially if they involve a long, drawn out story and thus, lots of attention.

Anyways, I thought I'd update on my TV watching. Nothing good has been on HGTV by the way. I guess it's off-season for TV shows. :(

This morning I voted for VH1's 2008 Scandalist Awards to reminisce about the year. Here are my votes:

  • Sexiest: Scarlett Jo, Marissa Miller, Megan Fox, Eva Mendes
  • Curviest: Kim K., Coco, Jodie Marsh, Beyonce
  • Fugliest: Perez Hilton, PCD, Brooke Hogan, Katie Holmes
  • Cutest Kid: Valentina, Kingston Rossdale, Shiloh, Suri
  • Douchiest: Miley, Adnan Ghalib, Michael Lohan, Spencer & Heidi
  • Funniest: Tina Fey, Stephen Colbert, Amy Poehler, Sarah Palin
  • Boringest: Jonas Bros, Jessica Alba, Selena Gomez, Rachel Bilson
  • Sluttiest: Angelique, John Mayer, Chuck Bass, Aubrey O'Day
  • Freshest: Blake Lively, Karissa & Kristina Shannon, Sarah Palin, Britney

I enjoyed most mainstream songs from 2008, but there are quite a few songs I could never quite get into
  • Mariah Carey - "Touch My Body"
  • T.I. feat. Rihanna - "Live Your Life"
  • Anything Beyonce has put out this year, seriously!

...and it's time for MIA's "Paper Planes" to retire!

I still haven't watched "Dark Knight" or read/watched "Twilight." I am considering catching up on some TV shows like "Prison Break" after seeing an episode, testing out "Gossip Girls" to see what all the rave is about, and maybe catching up on "Desperate Housewives," maybe. I can't seem to get into the loop, but I like action and I think "Prison Break" can deliver!

0 comments: