Friday, December 26, 2008

Julie & Van, Christmas Crashers

Christmas Day ended up being fun after I had to endure 5 hours at a relative's house. Everyone is either older or way younger. After leaving for a bit to go to the Korean market, eating yogurt, and reading many chapters of The Friday Night Knitting Club, I left. Van called me immediately after, which begins Van and Julie's Christmas!

I met up with her at Walgreens. She persuaded me to buy some kind of eyeliner even though I told her last time I used liquid eyeliner, I almost poked myself in the eye. However, she was super excited because it's her fave so I'm giving it a try.

We headed to Albert's afterwards. He was cooking... with his family. They're such a cute little Korean family! Van knows how to say 'hi' in Korean so grandma and uncle were trying to speak to her in Korean. "No Korean," she had to say. We met Albert's cousins, one who somehow acquired a Vietnamese fob accent and mannerisms (haha) and some adorable toddlers!

Then off to Kim's sisters for the annual dinner. Good food that totally killed us especially since Van and I had stopped by Alerto's to share a California burrito. :/ We're foodies. Lots of conversations later, we went back to Albert's. We were going to watch a movie, but I needed to get home early so I promised Van we'd come visit (Kim, Albert, and I) when Van lets us know which days she gets off at 6 instead of 9. I'm excited, but I need to buy a copy of "My Sassy Girl" and possibly some pomegranite hand sanitizer Van was raving about.

Today is like another black Friday. I'm staying at home and relaxing. The extra sleep and weird pillow gave me a headache though... :(

0 comments: