Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Do you believe in magic?

Do you believe in soulmates?

This question was prompted by a "Friends" episode.

Phoebe: Hey listen let me ask you, do you believe in soul mates?

Rachel: Oh yes I do. I do. I believe that there is one perfect person out there for everyone. And do you know how you find him? You stop looking for him. That’s why I stopped looking for Russell Crowe. He’ll find me.

Phoebe: Uh-huh, (To Chandler) and you?

Chandler: No. I mean I believe that uh, certain people are more suited for each other and I believe in falling in love, but soul mates, I don’t think they exist.

---

Monica: Chandler, you don’t believe in soul mates?

Chandler: No. But I’m sure (mimics Don) ‘tomatoes’ does.

Monica: I don’t believe in soul mates either.

Chandler: You don’t?

Monica: No. I don’t think that you and I were destined to end up together. I think that we fell in love and work hard at our relationship. Some days we work really hard.

---

Jess thinks so. I don't know. I guess so since I'm not trying to make anything work. But, I've realized I no longer care. My life is full without some things others find completely necessary. The time alone has given me time to worry about myself and do much self-improving.

So honestly, I don't think I've missed out on too much especially when I see others with their boyfriends. First off, damn, the guys aren't all that and secondly, priorities become skewed. I can cite two instances from Saturday from two separate people. Someone took a joke badly because of it (really, it wasn't serious or mean). It makes friends unbearable and I've dropped friends that way.

I want my friends not their lame boyfriends. Yance and I talked about trying to have our friends play musical chairs so we can have the cool friends with the cool boyfriends and the less cool friends with the lame boyfriends. Pretty much, the deal is I have a fun friend with a lame guy and a more "relaxed" friend with a cool boyfriend.

I also know I'm picky about more than just guys. I'm picky when it comes to friends as I had just mentioned. I dislike slow people. I'm not smart at all, but I have some common sense like how to use a computer or order some food and drinks. I expect it if you're one of my kids but not if you have been in college for awhile and should know some of the basics. Maybe this is why I like my techie roomie who is also a Spanish speaker. I never understood how you can just be so terrible at just repeating after me in Spanish. I also was surprised when my friend called me to help him on his U.S. history test. Some of the answers came from the question Peter! I yelled at him for not taking more interest in school (he really had not read/tried to learn any of it). You pay for it now so you need to value it.

Oh yes, CONGRATULATIONS TO STEPHEN FOR GETTING INTO SYRACUSE! I want to go to grad school too now! Smart guy there.

Making It Lovely's alcove is gorgeous! I love everything she does, particularly painting the walls a dark gray and then getting cheaper Ikea cabinets. Is she my design soulmate? :)

0 comments: