Thursday, March 12, 2009

RIP Mask of TapOut

Yance barely flinched an eye, but I can't stop looking up information on the death of "Mask," one of the three founding members of TapOut. I guess I'm checking to make sure it's real.


(via mmamania)

Winning the Innovator Entrepreneur award in 2008

(via Inland Spirit Awards)

Not only do I see him on a show that I really enjoy and at all the events, but his death occurred in Newport Beach, California, near my hometown and on streets I have probably passed.

The most horrific thing was the look of his car. In the image below, you can see that a pole split the car in half. Sorry for the graphic images.

(via L.A. Times)

According to reports, he was racing. Despite all the comments about him "deserving" it for racing, I don't think anyone deserves such a death. He wasn't drunk, he never did physically harm someone else, and he made a big impact in MMA that us fans should appreciate.

RIP Charles "Mask" Lewis, Jr.

0 comments: