Thursday, March 5, 2009

Chic books make me happy when people fail

I love books and don't believe I'll ever get into this whole Kindle fad. Today, I immediately nabbed City Chic today at Books A Million because our Barnes and Noble is undergoing a reno. The one we have now will become bigger in two weeks and I can't wait! However, for the last month, the original store has been crappy.

Anyways, I got it and I love it! I'm reading it right now and I'm about to put in "The Tudors." I just got back from Papas and Beer after being there for almost 3 hours. I was kind of annoyed in the end though. I'm not sure why I suppose. Maybe I was just tired from having to wait for 30 minutes for a table. It was super packed! But, the food was fantastic! I got this grilled steak torta. Somehow on the way back, on the phone with Jess, I didn't so much pay attention and drove the wrong way out to the next county. It wasn't until I saw the sign that I realized it!

Insight time...
I realized that (a) I'm not a touchy feely person except with a few people, (b) I love my roommate and he understands me, and (c) we have very similar beliefs such as (d) "some people think too highly of themselves." (e) We don't think highly of ourselves as much I think. No, we just have less self-esteem for some people. It's great you have self-esteem but keep it down or keep it to your darn self 'cause I don't want to hear it. For example, "She's gorgeous. She's even cuter than I am." I kind of raised my eyebrows and rolled my eyes. It doesn't help that it's being reinforced by guys who can't get any for the time being but can do better in my opinion. (f) Yance and I agree that some people are good looking and thus, they can be liked. They may also have a fantastic personality. However, doesn't it just kill you when someone with a bad personality and you know isn't very good looking gets someone not-so-shabby? Also, (g) you might not want to judge us so harshly for these opinions because I know many must be thinking this too. Let's be real now.

Furthermore, this is NOT just about physical attractiveness, but this is about intelligence too. I guess it's what I was taught, but I don't believe there should be ANY bragging about how "smart" you are. You can brag about how hard you worked because that is commendable. I say this because I told someone they were smart and someone else said, in a serious way, "Why don't you tell me that? I'm smart." Well, I don't think so first of all and you really don't need more of an ego boost.

I'm all about the ability of everyone to improve themselves if they want. Maybe "improve" is the incorrect term, but if you don't like something about you, why sit around and do nothing to change it? (I'm getting sleepy so this can be all sorts of B.S. right now.)

Now I'm watching "The Tudors," which I must say has already shown sex scenes twice in the first episode and I'm not even done yet! I quite like the little drama surrounding Henry VIII's reign.

Also, I'm reading my books for this break:



My pal Eddie said I was weird for reading a textbook and then for reading something on the opposite of the spectrum.

Other books I want to complete my coffee table/decor book collection include:



Cookbooks also:


Lastly, this movie came out?! I didn't even know!

0 comments: