Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'd rather be making a rain barrel.

I judged 8-9 hours worth of senior projects. Though I didn't completely understand some of them, I at least saw the projects. One girl hoping to attend NC State constructed a rain barrel that wasn't hideous. She used a fire extinguisher because there was already a spout. Upturned, she placed three steel legs on it. Not only was it cute but it was a good use of a recycled material to well... recycle water.

I thought I'd talked about this because I saw the rain barrel making of This Young House. Good idea right?



Since I can't fit it anywhere, I'm writing it here: I'm teaching 3-1/2 days next week, microteaching, writing a paper, and finally, presenting my thesis research.

Outline of my next 2-weeks:
  • Today - paper outline, review Eddie's lit review/biblio, read CC. ch 3-6
  • Thursday - panel from 9:20-10am, English paper
  • Friday - lit review, annotated biblio
  • Saturday - paper, prep for spring symposium
  • Sunday - prep for teaching
  • Monday - prep for teaching
  • Tuesday - teaching, microteaching
  • Wednesday - teaching, sophs visit (lunch with them), paper
  • Thursday - teaching, paper
  • Friday - spring symposium


I need 7-8 hours of sleep tonight and every night considering I'm sick! :( So bed needs to be in... well, by 1am but I'm watching "Dexter." I think I can do with a little less sleep since it's Thursday tomorrow... and Thursdays are good.

0 comments: