Friday, March 13, 2009

Because I planned to move...

Here is my house. Obviously, I don't love it anymore.

But I long decided to move from my college town of Asheville to my next destination so I made a few changes to the house but not many. They have also been quite recent.

My favorite - I love the wall color in our dining room and the fabric art. I made the frames myself with really cheap wood and a staple gun. The fabric is from Ikea and though it's weird, it works perfectly with the wall.


I don't mind this much. I just don't really like the bathroom anyways. The color is super bright and it was really hard to paint. Paint does wonders though doesn't it?

I love this. It's my most ingenious decoration with some electrical tape and see-through colored folders. Actually, I found it on Curbly.

Our backsplash is blackboard. Our friends enjoy the fun. We didn't want red in the kitchen.

My room also has this faux wood strip with circular (yellow and black) hoops as decoration. I have no idea where the photos of the house went! :(

I bought this set from Ashley Furniture but my roomie has a set too so mine sits in the basement. I have since sold the chaise. To the right in this picture, I bought canvas and let our friends paint all over it. Yance hung it up and it splits up our gigantic basement. He also bought the rug from Ikea. It's good for parties in addition to a salvaged air hockey table/beer pong table.
(I don't like this set anymore thus, I am trying to sell it.)

I love some of these ideas. I love painting (knitting stresses me out cause I'm no good at it). Give me some more!

Here's a DIY to get my fix. It's not a big one but it's fun and useful. :)

0 comments: