Thursday, November 27, 2008

My THANK YOUs

Happy Thanksgiving!

I want to make a list of all the people I'm thankful for this year. Today is just a reminder, but I appreciate you all everyday.

♥ First and foremost, MY MOM AND DAD. Despite everything recently, they're good parents. I've been given enough, way more than enough. I went to good schools, had every opportunity to do what I wanted, and was raised to be strong-willed. I don't think there's anything wrong with me and that's because I got awesome parents to raise me right! Haha. When I think about it or hear about it, what family doesn't have problems? I think I got a relatively sane family.

♥ My paternal family has gotten me through everything. They do anything to make sure I'm happy, comfortable, and safe. They raised me too (like it takes a village to raise a child) and if you ever meet them, you'll know they're mine. We're all loud and crazy and I'm so proud of us!

♥ The best roommate ever, YANCEY, who I'm going to try to keep until the day before we live together long enough to have a common law marriage. Not only do you keep me grounded and sane, you make me laugh pretty much everyday. Like, who can imagine me with any other roommate at this point?

♥ My friends at home who have to deal with me: Peter, Kim, Van, and sometimes even Albert. I rarely ever get to see Van and Albert, but when I do see them for one day, they make my week/month/year. :)

♥ I guess PETER should have his own little section because we've been friends since we were six. Well, we weren't friends but bitter enemies. :) We abuse each other like no one else. This has been a tough tough year. Well, actually, last year was a tough tough year, but this year has been an amazing year. I love you BFF!

♥ Since freshman year of high school KIM has kept me alive. Otherwise, I'd be sad and alone. I don't even know what to say about my amazing Kim... geez. Even now that I've been gone 3-4 years, I feel like we're still rather close considering that. I love the calls about boys or random situations whenever you have a break at work or driving home. You're hilarious like that.

♥ I can't say enough about LIZZLE! We've been friends for 3 years or so now and gone through so many experiences together. I love you! :) I can't even put into this how many amazing memories we've had together. Instead, they just spill out randomly at random times.

♥ The amazing people in my thesis class: BONNIE, AMANDA, ADAM, CONOR, ERIN, FRED, and KELLY too! Had it not been for them, I would not have had fun in class or slaving over our theses together. We were the best in that class and that's why we hang out. :)

BONNIE, I'm happy to have such an amazing girl friend. I generally hate girls, but I found a few great ones... you being one of the best.

STEPHEN, KRIS, ALEX, and CECE always always make me smile and laugh! I love the type of relationship we have where we can laugh at each other. Even when I'm sad, I laugh a lot... weird.

♥ Yancey's friends, who I've claimed as my own also: ROBBIE, JEFF, and KYLE. Never a dull moment with the guys. I love boys! :)

MY 119 KIDS and my college freshmen!! I don't care what anyone says - they are my kids. Yeah yeah, they're like 14-20 (probably), but they're like my own. Haha. They are the most amazing people ever. My seniors college freshmen graduated and I remember bawling, but they will remain forever part of "my kids." This semester, I love my kids even more. How is that possible? I never thought I'd love a group of 119 more than I'd love my previous students. It just gets better every year. I love seeing old students who still say hi and I love seeing my newest ones like my faves this year, my burro and my half-Asian. :)

All 31 of the tutors I work with for making me love work even more (like that's possible?!). I can't believe what a great group of tutors I get to work with this year! Seriously, I brag about you guys because it really is a feat to have such a good group of co-workers and friends. :)
(I love you guys, but I can't tag you all!)

Anyone who makes me smile, laugh, and warms my heart goes here. I can't tag you all, but you know who you are.

0 comments: