Monday, November 17, 2008

Thoughts of Christmas cheer

Cause Sarah made a good point. This is way too much time or money for my kids. Instead, I'm picking my faves. Sophs group 1 will get the ornaments (I have to make them each one but they can be different as long as my special group gets glass ornaments) and a cookie cake. Seniors group 2 will get a cookie cake.

Count - 2 cookie cakes and ornaments for like 20 kids

Aw, that makes me sad though for my other students though. Oh well, they'll deal with it.

As for our holiday party, we are building a gingerbread house to display, will have food and liquor, and presents (probably condoms with bows on them) and other presents for our closer friends. I'm thinking of buying a few gifts (Yancey being numero uno, McGarity said no gifts so no gift for him, and maybe Liz and Bonnie). For Alex, McGarity, Kris, and CeCe, I think I'll just give them cards like my fellow tutors... not homemade. Oh yeah, Yance and I need stockings make from foam/felt. I think I'll make them for AM&K too. :)

Will someone remind me to call Em and Peter on their b-days?!

What should I get Yance? :( Last year I bought Yancey a book by Stephen Colbert. Ideas - scarf, shoes, wallet, make him a blondie, belt, backpack. I think it may be only one though since I need to buy some snowboarding things. I think pants, a jacket, hat, and gloves are necessary and I would like some boots and a board. This is all very expensive especially if I'm not a fan.

I think an investment in roller blades would be better or a bike. :) I think that's what I'm asking for this Christmas!

For Yance? A belt?
Sweet duffle bag for me by Burton for $40
Chicago Women's Rink Skate $40

Montego 26" Women's Cruiser Bicycle $100

2WheelBikes Maui Beach Bike Cruiser 26 $130

0 comments: