Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sleep wanted.

This was a Valentine's Day idea, but I want to use this idea and adapt it to make good-bye/end-of-the-year cards for my 121 students. I'll have to get started soon if I ever hope to finish. But I never have time...


[via still dottie]

I was supposed to start my microteaching for next week today, but after 12-hours straight of observations, tutoring, and classes, I fell asleep for three hours and am doing more sleeping now. I have one week to finish it and all of the weekend (Friday-Sunday) so I don't see how I won't get it done. I'd like to get an idea by tomorrow night though.

Today was a fine day though. I took roll at my observation site (reminder: write notes about the day) but declined leading a discussion because it was pretty much sprung on me. Though, I need to get in there and be involved ASAP. Tutoring is amazing as always. :) One student I've taught for 3 years told me I should be a tour guide and he can't imagine me as a teacher because I talk so much and I'm so excited... isn't that the criteria for being a teacher?

I actually spoke many times in my soc class and I think I can manage an A in the class. As for my British history class, I don't know if I can pull an A but I'll try my best. I did my reading (past due) during my break between yoga and aerobics. Oh yes, in yoga, I hurt my knees from jumping around, however, I was helped to do a arm head stand? I'm not sure what it's called, but I did it. :) I guess all that blood rushing to my head helped my amazing performance in aerobics. I had trouble doing the "basic" before and today, I managed to figure out the "around the world" move. Seriously, I'm really proud of it. :)

Too tired. I got home at 7ish, took a "nap" at 8 and hoped to wake up at 9 but slept till 11, showered, sat for a couple of hours, and now I think bed. I hate not having any breaks. I do it anyways like tonight because I really couldn't focus on homework after doing so much stuff today that wasn't restful. Eek, I just saw myself in the mirror and my eyes scared me - so tiny, puffy, and red. :(

How did 13 hours of classes, 13+ hours of tutoring, and 4 hours of observations a week become so hard? Well, really, it's only tough on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Tomorrow, I have tutoring (an extra hour too!) and a late class, but my Brit history prof wants us to watch "A Man for All Seasons" in the library tomorrow from 7-9pm. I'm thinking of going because I like the class a lot A LOT, but I have it as an "instant" on Netflix.

0 comments: