Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Male teachers is where it's at.


[via ohdeedoh]

I have to say, 8am-8:30pm days are kind of horrible. I did 10 research article reviews when I only had to do five. :( I finished up everything and am almost all caught up... except for British history and it's my favorite class. I'll sneak in some reading between classes tomorrow, but my favorite time of day to read it is during the night.

In 5.5 hours, I have to be up and ready to go to my observation school. Hopefully, I can jump in and get involved. No notes because that takes up all my time. Instead, I have to work with the students. First, I will greet them at the door. Yeah? These are my kids so it's weird. The relationship is different because they don't call me Julie and I don't work with them in small groups. *Note: Ask co-op what I'll be teaching for my three day unit so I can start planning or at least getting familiar with the time period.

Afterwards, I'll need to drop by the Cupcake Corner to get another cupcake for my birthday boy! It was his birthday over the weekend and I brought him a cupcake on Thursday but he left before I could give it to him. :( I have fallen in love with all my sophs. We had such an amazing biology discussion. Yes, biology! :)

Food, classes, and then finally, microteaching. I want to get something done to show my prof on Thursday then I'll show him again on Friday and finally, Monday. Maybe I can talk to him about my research because my prof for that class kind of sucks. But I'm getting better at talking in my soc class and I'm pretty good at talking in my research class. :)

So, I wish some of the men in my classes weren't married because they are amazing people. Haha. A little older but really awesome... like three of them! Maybe men who are teachers are great. Why I said "maybe" is unbeknownst to me because I know they are. I met a really cool one today and talked to my old fave also. Though, one of them kind of degraded me today so I just left the dude alone (sorry kids for leaving you with him).

I'm thinking about starting a time intensive project when I don't have time at all for resting or sleeping. For example, I took someone home from class and got food after my night class at 8:30 so I didn't finish those errands till 9ish. I went over to Jessica's for an hour and a half so I could actually talk to someone before I came home, talked to my dad for an hour and a half, and showered. I haven't talked to my daddy in awhile so he demanded some attention. :) Anyways, my project involves making meaningful cards for all 121 of my students and then however many tutors. :/ Crazy thought huh?

0 comments: