Thursday, February 26, 2009

That's my cousin!

I just finished practicing my lesson plan by yelling at Yancey for about 23 minutes. He answered, but probably not as much as my group will so I'll have to cut some things. This is good because even though I talk fast, it still came in at 20 minutes. Also, I was pretty darn excited hence all my yelling. :)

I'm having more hope during my observations. Except for one or two students who look kind of mean at me, the others are quite nice. I talk to them when I get there early. Also, the best thing was when one kid came up to me and asked me if I knew someone at my school. "YEAH! He's one of my favorites! He's your cousin and lives with you?!" I was super excited and went to tutoring excited. I'm helping that favorite on his senior paper and went to the library to grab some books.

Now I look back at what happened and I almost hit myself. I was in the library, getting some books on jazz, and saw a guy who tutors with me, an older one that may even be married since EVERYONE is married. He's not THAT old though; he's Yancey old. Haha. Well, he smiled and waved and I did too, but normally, I would've chatted with him... except, I'm so BUSY and RUNNING AROUND.

It's not only that I don't have time to talk to people. I feel so disconnected from everything especially tutoring. I feel so far off. My kids still know me, get excited or whatever other reaction, but I feel like I haven't been able to put my all into it like help them with projects as much as I had before. :( These are such amazing kids too!

Anyways, the little thread from MY SCHOOL to my observation school really makes me happy and feel more connected to my kids.

Oh yeah, I got a nap and my book in the mail today! I can't wait for my Moo cards!

Despite that, as I was working on my lesson plan, I saw this comment/message that I got... apparently this morning when I wasn't looking. I just got it and it really pissed me off. Some annoying little pest of a person sent me an idiotic message that was kind of racist. I know if anyone else had done it, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but it was like he/she added "an insult to injury" to my feelings towards him/her.

Alex made me feel better when I told her about the story of the library. She asked for his name and said his name was like a father's name. I told her, I wouldn't mind if he was my baby daddy. :) I love Alex because she always makes me think of the most ridiculous things. We have a lunch date tomorrow for noodles! Then, I'll hang out with Jess at night and others too if they want to come out! Yay!

I just have to finish presenting... Now for a shower, sleep, wake up at 9 or 10, tutor, lunch, practice lesson again, present, some work, hang out with Jess! :)

Megan Auman jewelry and sculptures are fabulous. I love this and wish it wasn't so expensive. This is the type of the wall art I want.



0 comments: