Friday, February 27, 2009

I want to buy school supplies.

I totally KILLED on my lesson plan presentation. Okay, maybe not totally but not too shabby. I was kind of ticked off because someone asked me in a very interrogation-kind-of-way why I don't want to be at my very country school. Uh, it's the country and I'm not really country DUH. I AM getting used to it and I will like it (I know this), but as for now, I'm still torn especially when I see my lovely kids.

The HR from my kids' school system was talking to them about becoming teachers. I was there all day, I had a good tutoring session with my 11th grade algebra 2 group, and, when I went to visit my 10th graders, they were super receptive towards me so... give me a job HR lady!

It's Friday, which means I got to sleep in! I actually woke up a little earlier, but I forced myself back into bed. I had gone out last night for some food and a couple of LITs. Oh, they had this burrito with potatoes in it like the California burrito! When I came home, I was OUT. I fell asleep on the couch and my tired body was very happy. :)

1. I'm rested, I'm getting ready, I eat, sleep, and breathe - school and my kids... and pretty things.

2. Why do I have be there and not here? This is the ultimate question.

3. How does this semester work, anyway?

4. Every morning, I put my pants on my shoulder so I can change into them for yoga.

5. I consider myself lucky because I've had it pretty easy and I live with a cool roomie.

6. One day we’ll see if I realize my dreams of a sweet teaching job and a pretty house. Maybe someone in my life too, but that's up in the air. How about everyone stop being taken or married? Haha.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to doing work, tomorrow my plans include getting stuff done, and Sunday, I want to not be bogged down in things I didn't get done!

*Wow, I'm pretty nerdy. I need other hobbies... only if I had time for such things.

I'm going to meet my boss and some of my ex-students for lunch today then maybe I'll get to do some work. I want to do other stuff instead like read books I have, get going on pacing guides for next semester (haha), and other nerdy things JUST to avoid my homework. Maybe I can buy some school supplies for teaching next semester... I know that sounds crazy 'cause it's February and I don't student teach until August. Actually that's really only 5-6 months away (it's already the end of February).

FRIDAY

  • Watch "A Man for All Seasons" and write a summary.
  • Write down info for EDUC380 about my placement.
  • Journal about this week's observations.
SATURDAY
  • Send my EDUC396 prof my research question.
  • Read stuff for EDUC380 that he sent us.
SUNDAY
  • Read Eng chapter 8 and docs.
  • Answer soc study guide questions.
MONDAY/TUESDAY
  • Study for soc.
More will be added later... this is a light load this weekend so I should get it done! Wait, maybe I should clean huh? Good idea. I'm going to gather all the books I borrowed but no longer need to return to school right now! Let's get going and get things done!

0 comments: