Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snow day, please.

Sarah and I were peeking out the window at the little children playing out in the snow tonight. I'm not going to brave it out there and take pictures though cause I like the warmth inside.

My class got canceled tonight after 30 minutes. The dean was going class-to-class to let us know. I'm happy because after working on my lesson plan, I neglected to read a chapter for the class and the documents. :/

My lesson plan, by the way, went good. It can always be better, but I think for what it was - 20 minutes, it was fantastic. :) I was also glad I was even awake enough for it because I definitely took a 1-hour nap beforehand, once I finished tutoring and had a Lean Pocket.

My group was super nice. I was somewhat scared because one of my classmates teach at the high school as a lateral entry teacher already. I found it less nerve wracking than I expected. He had us read the Grimm's Brothers' Cinderella and an Egyptian Cinderella story. It was okay, but I didn't really know the terms like "exposition" and "denouement" to find them in the first story. The other one was fun. The woman had us draw a flower from our mind, draw fake flowers she put in front of us, and finally, draw the fake flowers without looking at our paper. I'll post them up ASAP. I liked the activity and thought she had a flawless lesson.

Tutoring was also pretty good. I went to the middle school and was afraid because at the high school, I'm always greeted with smiling faces and screams. Though I still had a great time at the middle school with the 8th graders. Furthermore, I was still greeted with smiles and "Julie!" when I got to my freshmen. Most of my seniors were absent so I didn't get to see them, but I was happy to see some of them. :)

I made it up the hill tonight! I was stuck halfway up the hill as Yancey plowed through somehow. Well, I decided that since I was halfway on the road and halfway on the side, I would just get back on the road especially when I tried to get to the side and was stuck. :/ I made it though and am super proud of myself. Even Yancey was impressed.

Jessica was on her way over and didn't make it up so I met her halfway to help her carry things and bring her gloves. Basically, since we couldn't go to Old Europe tonight, we're having a party over here. Haha. Speaking of Old Europe, they're moving! I found out today when I was getting tons of calls about whether or not the city schools would be closed tomorrow.

I love these Valentines from Etsy seller YeeHaw!



My arms are a nice sore from aerobics. :) Mmm, love it.

0 comments: