Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A bright spot in this boring day

Awhile back, I talked about baking Jewel Heart Cookies a la The Jewels of NY. Here's how they turned out.
The jam was delish but not gorgeous. Also, I decided that I would not use the same colors because I didn't want to mix colors or buy sanding sugar. Instead, I used Wilton's Sparkle Gel. I love this stuff. I had used it for Thanksgiving too.


I also made some chicken lettuce wraps in my attempt to get healthier. :) Chicken, green peppers, green onions, and mushrooms.
Today Kris and I woke up and went to Johnson City, an hour drive, to get Indian food at Sahib. We gorged on their lunch buffet. I love Indian food but had to account for the eating later. So, I worked out a little more (15 minutes of my workout video, 25 vigorous minutes on the elliptical, more weights, 50 dance moves (from Self magazine), and about 10 sit-ups haha). I'll need to work on doing more sit-ups for sure. I also did this to account for this smoothie from Keva Juice. Also, had some chips and a razzarita instead of dinner.

Tonight was pretty crappy though. Tucker, Liz, and Kris came over and we went over to Tucker's. He had a set of chairs from a bowling alley/laundromat (love them!) and this mid-century modern buffet his bro got from an estate sale. Then, without Tucker, we went to Usuals for a drink. It was rather boring and everyone fell asleep. :/ Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Kris, Liz, and I are going to lunch, hike, swim, gym, and picnic somewhere in there.

Oh yeah, no Atlanta/Athens because Stephen is training for his new job as a youth counselor for the Dept of Juvenile Justice... :/ Well, maybe sometime soon.

0 comments: